If the latest back-and-forth at DePaul is a little too wonky for you, chew on these links:
- UIC snagged a $20 million federal grant for medical research – part of $171 in grants the NIH handed out (Crains).
- New gambling laws mean Colorado community colleges will get millions of dollars in new revenue. The state’s community college system was one of the most vocal backers of the changes (NYTimes).
- UChicago looks like Hogwarts, and even has residential “houses” with rivalry. All that’s missing is quidditch (Trib).
- A new look at who got Pell Grants in 2000 shows that 75 percent were over age 22 by the time they graduated (Inside Higher Ed).
- Greg Mortenson, the author of Three Cups of Tea, a professional mountaineer and builder of schools in Pakistan, will speak at Loyola on Aug. 21. It’s free, but you have to sign up.